AMC Theatres to release The Walking Dead NFT collection
From the Walker Access Pass to the Daryl pack, The Walking Dead NFT series explained
NFT creative studio Orange Comet is set to drop an NFT collection that features selected moments from all 11 seasons of iconic TV drama The Walking Dead, following the announcement of a partnership with AMC Theatres.
According to the deal, brokered by Striker Entertainment, Orange Comet will be the NFT producer and marketplace for the ground-breaking TV series’ The Walking Dead NFTs, powered by Eluvio’s eco-friendly blockchain technology.
The NFTs will be released in multiple drops, with the first taking place on 20 February to coincide with the premiere of part two of three in the drama’s expanded final season trilogy, airing on cable TV channel AMC and streaming online. The final season consists of 24 episodes, split in to three eight-episode airing blocks.
The initial collection, according to the announcement, will showcase Orange Comet’s dynamic NFT animations along with a series of one-of-a-kind generative art pieces featuring iconic past and current characters from The Walking Dead.
Additionally, Orange Comet said it will offer a series of one-of-one NFT ‘Walker Access Passes’, which grant access to future The Walking Dead NFT drops throughout 2022.
“As The Walking Dead flagship series enters into its final stretch this year, we are excited to provide our hordes of passionate fans with a unique, new way to celebrate the series they’ve loved for the past 11 seasons,” said Kim Kelleher, president of commercial revenue and partnerships at AMC.
“The Walking Dead is an iconic series that has captivated and enthralled its fans for more than a decade and will continue to do so for years to come,” said Dave Broome, CEO of Orange Comet.
The Walking Dead NFT collection
The Walking Dead NFT collection is split into different packs or NFT series, with different themes and scarcity to offer fans the opportunity to find their favourite character or scene. Let’s have a look at them:
- The Walker Access Pass will be sold for only 24 hours and drops on 20 February. It will not be available again for an entire year. This pass unlocks exclusive The Walking Dead NFT drops not open to the public, granting access to a special, members-only channel on a Discord server, and whitelisting the passholders for all public drops.
- The Commonwealth pack – As the platform describes: “The Commonwealth is the biggest and best-organised settlement that The Walking Dead’s survivors encountered. The signature animated NFT features a squad of troopers. The pack of two includes the animated NFT and a custom trooper avatar”.
- The Daryl pack – “Everyone’s favourite crossbow-wielding walker hunter, Daryl Dixon, is featured in the NFT recreation, and so is his iconic motorcycle. The pack of two includes the animated NFT and an avatar NFT of Daryl’s motorcycle.”
- The Hospital pack “goes back to where it all began when Rick Grimes wakes up from his coma in a ruined hospital and a world ruled by the Dead. The animated 3D NFT recreates one of the most iconic sequences in television history. The pack of two includes the animated NFT and an avatar NFT of the hospital corridor.”
- The Carol pack – “Carol is the ultimate survivor. The 3D animated NFT features some of her most pivotal moments, each step on her journey from invisible to invincible. The pack of two includes the animated NFT along with an avatar image of Carol.”
A collectable series of NFTs
Finally, The Walking Dead NFT collection also includes two series of NFT collectables.
- The Survivor series (one-of-one) – “The generative NFTs will feature illustrated art based on the memorable characters, heroes and villains of the series.”
- The Wild Card series – “The animated fish tank NFTs will feature ‘live’ walker heads floating about. The animations loop in ‘gallery mode’ and are meant to be enjoyed all day, just like The Governor did with a glass of whiskey. There will be five distinct fish tank NFTs with 500 editions of each loop.”