Position: 45th president of the U.S.
Date of Birth: 06.14.1946
Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States, is known for his numerous electoral promises, controversial political decisions, and several major scandals. Here’s what Trump has done and has failed to do since he took office in 2017.
5 things he has done
1) Many of Trump’s electoral promises were linked to rethinking trade deals with other countries. Apart from raising tariffs for imported goods from China, Canada, EU, and other countries, he also managed to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and start renegotiating the conditions of NAFTA.
2) Although the legal battle for constructing the southern border wall is far from over, Trump is actively sending troops to the border to prevent migrants from entering the country. The tension on the frontier has visibly increased since then, and the President’s administration has been repeatedly condemned for its family separation policy.
3) During his election campaign, Trump was very clear about U.N. global warming programs that he believed were founded by the U.S. As a result, the U.S. withdrew from the Paris climate change agreement- a decision that sparked global outrage.
4) "If I'm elected president, I'm accepting no salary," Trump revealed during the presidential race. In August 2019, he made his third salary donation to the Department of Health and Human Services.
5) Trump definitely did attempt to block rumors about his personal life. His longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, gave porn actress Stephanie Clifford, aka Stormy Daniels, $130,000 to keep quiet, and Trump later admitted he had been involved in the payments.
5 things Trump was going to do
1) Despite all Trump’s attempts to build a wall on the U.S. southern border with Mexico, it seems that the plan is far from completion. While the White House claims that the construction is “underway,” the existing parts of the wall hardly look like an impregnable fortress. Most recently, Ronald Rael, a professor of architecture from the United States, installed pink seesaws along the part of the border wall that separated El Paso, Texas, and Ciudad Juárez in Mexico.
2) Trump was obliged to reveal his tax returns, just as previous U.S. presidents did, but, in fact, has not yet done so. Nonetheless, Trump has been refusing to disclose his tax returns for two years now and even filed a suit against the House Ways and Means Committee to prevent the matter.
3) One of the most notorious plans ever revealed by Trump was to introduce a Muslim travel ban which would restrict travel to the U.S. from a group of majority-Muslim countries. But the intense opposition from the U.S. courts has so far prevented the ban from coming into effect.
4) Trump repeatedly claimed that he was looking to end the US birthright citizenship, despite the fact that this decision would violate the 14th Amendment. However, none of his attempts to approach this question have been successful.
5) The most recent of Trump’s prospects was to purchase Greenland from the Danish government. According to CNN’s sources, the President was so serious that he even asked White House counsel to research the matter. However, the island’s authorities officially claimed that the island is “not for sale.”