Trading Ethereum to Pound – ETH to GBP
ETH to GBP, or Ethereum to Pound, is a crypto and fiat currency pair in which the two elements complement each other. While the quote currency has an adequate level of stability, liquidity and volume, the crypto side brings volatility.
The ETH/GBP pair may move in a clearly defined upward or downward direction during a trading day and over a more extended period. Within a week or a month, it can have a sideways movement in combination with shorter trends. ETH to GBP usually moves less than five per cent throughout the day and can move up to 25 per cent within a given month.
What is Ethereum?
Ethereum was introduced in 2015 by the Russian-Canadian programmer Vitaly ‘Vitalik’ Buterin. It is an open-source platform that utilises blockchain technology to create and execute distributed applications (DApps). Users can create or join so-called ‘smart contracts’ directly without third parties, limiting the possibility for fraud.
Ethereum is commonly used as a name of the associated cryptocurrency but, in fact, Ethereum is the system or network, while Ether (or ETH) is the native currency. Users need to have Ether when they want to execute a certain transaction through the system.
Some interesting facts about ETH:
- - The Ethereum project was successfully crowdfunded in the middle of 2014 when it raised more than $18m.
- - By the end of 2015, Ethereum’s price was slightly below $1. By mid-May 2021, it reached an all-time high of $4,362.
- - Unlike some other cryptocurrencies, there is no maximum supply cap for Ether.
- - Ether can be created through ‘mining’ – users receive a reward when they complete a mathematical task and verify transactions.
- - The Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) is an organisation developed to enhance the future usability of Ethereum.
- - Most of the ICOs (initial coin offerings) are hosted on the Ethereum blockchain.
What affects Ethereum’s value?
The factors can be divided into two groups: the ETH related and those affecting the general cryptocurrency market.
- - The demand for ETH, which is not driven solely by trading activities.
- - The Acceptance of the Ethereum system by more established financial institutions.
- - The increased adoption of smart contracts hosted on the Ethereum platform and the inflow of new users will increase the demand for ETH.
- - The degree of mining profitability.
- - Improvements in the Ethereum system in the future.
General factors related to the crypto world:
- - Changes in regulatory laws and regulations regarding the legality and usage of cryptocurrencies.
- - Potential market manipulation by large participants or so-called crypto whales.
- - Speculative trading. On 22 June 2017, a multi-million-dollar market sell order crashed the ETH price from above $300 down to $0.10 in a couple of seconds, although the price did bounce back within minutes. One trader reportedly made over $1m, thanks to an automatic buy order set at $0.10 through which he purchased more than 3,000 ETH.
- - The number of crypto channels where ETH is available for trading.
- - The number and strength of ETH competitors.
What is the Pound (GBP)?
The British Pound or GBP is the official currency in the United Kingdom and it is also used in several other territories. The GBP is also referred to as ‘Pound’ and ‘Sterling’ as well as ‘Pound Sterling’. The GBP is an abbreviation from the British Pound Sterling. The British Pound is one of the oldest, if not the oldest, currency in the world. It has been in continuous use for more than 1,000 years and its origins can be traced back to the late eighth century. The Pound is the fourth most-traded currency in the world and is also used as a reserve currency by central banks in other countries.
Which factors affect GBP’s value?
Some of the underlying factors common for different currencies also have an impact on the GBP exchange rate. These include:
- - Changes in the inflation rate
- - Monetary policy
- - Confidence and sentiment regarding the UK economy and markets
- - Interest rates
- - Economic growth
- - The current account and GDP (the level of UK imports and exports)
- - The domestic political situation and political events (such as Brexit) related to the United Kingdom.
Why trade ETH to GBP with Currency.com
Open your account in just three minutes and instantly buy tokenised assets with ETH at better prices. Store your tokens privately and securely and transfer them with ease.
Fund your account easily and withdraw fiat with your crypto wallet, credit card or bank transfer.
- Cutting-edge charts and tools
Enjoy more than 70 technical indicators, a great choice of drawing tools, advanced charts and real-time price alerts.
Now you can do more with less. Start with just 0.002 ETH and use up to 100x leverage.
Protect your money with guaranteed stop-loss and take-profit orders. Never lose more than you put in.